AmScope SM-1BSY-64S 7X-90X Inspection Dissecting Zoom Power Stereo Microscope with 64-LED Light
- Professional stereo microscope with pillar stand has long working distance to enable users to perform work or manipulate large items, including circuit boards and dental appliances
- Binocular viewing head with pair of 10x super-widefield eyepieces, adjustable interpupillary distance, fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to enable sharing
- 0.7x-4.5x zoom objective provides continuous zoom magnification and longer focal length for inspecting large-scale specimens, and a 2.0x Barlow lens extends the magnification range
- Removable rheostat-controlled 64-bulb LED ring light provides intensity control and bright, cool light for working with temperature-sensitive or live specimens
- Pillar-style table stand has reversible black and white stage plate to provide contrast with light- and dark-colored specimens, and large stage clips to secure the specimen during viewing
- Product Dimensions: 16.65 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 16.65 pounds
- ASIN: B00A15N3QW
- Item model number: SM-1BSY-64S
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
The AmScope SM-1BSY-64S professional stereo zoom microscope has a pair of 10x super-widefield high eyepoint eyepieces, a 0.7x-4.5x zoom objective, a 2.0x Barlow lens, and a pillar stand. The microscope has an overall magnification range of 7x-90x. The binocular viewing head has an interpupillary range of 55 to 75mm, a 45-degree inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation to enable sharing. The WH10x20mm super-widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces combine with the 0.7x-4.5x zoom objective to provide 7x-45x continuous zoom magnification and a longer working distance for inspecting large-scale specimens that require handling or repair. High-eyepoint objectives ease viewing for users who wear glasses, and dioptric adjustment accommodates individual eye-strength differences. The microscope includes a 2.0x Barlow lens that can be added to the objective to increase the magnification range to 14x-90x. A Barlow lens with a magnification greater than 1.0 increases the magnification and reduces the working distance. A stereo microscope, sometimes called an inspection or dissection microscope, has low magnification and a long working distance that enables users to manipulate the object being inspected.
The removable 64-bulb LED ring light provides bright, cool light for working with temperature-sensitive or live specimens. The ring light provides shadow-free illumination, and a rheostat controls the amount of light emanating from the lamp. Power and adjustment controls are located on the light head. The light uses a 110V-240V variable power supply. The table stand has a reversible black and white stage plate that provides contrast with light- and dark-colored specimens, and stage clips to secure the specimen in place. The stage plate has a 3-3/4" diameter (95mm). The stand is 10 x 7-7/8 x 10-3/4 inches/254 x 200 x 275mm (H x W x D, where H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back).
|Magnification range||7x-45x, continuous zoom; 14x-90x with Barlow lens|
|Zoom objective power||0.7x-4.5x|
|Eyepieces (DIN, 30mm)||WH10x20mm high-eyepoint|
|Field of view range||3/16 to 1-1/4"|
|Optical working distance||4"|
|Illumination type||Episcopic (reflected)|
|Light source||64-bulb led ring light with rheostat|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope SM-1BSY-64S stereo zoom microscope with pillar stand
- WH10x20mm eyepieces, 30mm, one pair
- 0.7x-4.5x zoom objective
- 2.0x Barlow lens
- 64-bulb LED ring light with power supply (LED-64S)
- Eye guards, one pair
- Stage clips, one pair
- Dust cover